Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics (STEAM)
*** This program is offered at no cost to participants ***
ABOUT THE STEAM POSSE PROGRAM:
STEAM Posse engages, inspires, and mentors cohorts of students interested in science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics. Our six-day camp is unique in that it is designed to teach your children something they are not taught in school, while also allowing them to make friends and create something truly amazing they can be proud of. Summer camp combines hands-on workshops, group activities centered on their future goals beyond high school, and exploration of the intersection of science, technology, engineering, art, math, culture, and business.
Our goal is to increase the number of underrepresented students majoring in STEAM-related fields while also preparing them for whatever comes their way in the future.
Camp logistics and other frequently asked questions (FAQs) can be found here. To learn more about the host organization, Epiphany Soul, click here.
About the Camp
Explore your future job options with interactive simulations that are based on real-life job situations.
Build the knowledge, confidence, and practical leadership skills you need to reach your goals.
Prepare for college as you gain valuable knowledge on how to succeed from professionals within your field.
On these tours, you'll get to see the world behind the scenes of potential dream jobs, and you'll learn more about your future.
You will be paired with a mentor from your community to help guide you for the next year.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE:
Students from historically marginalized and/or underrepresented groups who will be in high school (freshmen - senior) for the upcoming Fall 2023 year.
Interested in exploring the possibility of a career in science, technology, engineering, arts, or mathematics.
Academically motivated with plans to attend college/trade school after graduation (no GPA requirements for this program).
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Opportunities to learn from speakers and panelists
- Opportunities to engage in collaborative learning activities
- Information about professions in science, technology, engineering, arts, or mathematics
- Information about applying to and paying for college/trade school
- Information about scholarship opportunities
- Mentoring from someone in your community for one full year (to begin once the camp concludes)
- Mentoring from STEAM educators and current college/trade students
- Ongoing support for success in high school and beyond
- Invitations to STEAM Posse events
Get ready for your own "next big thing."
Because you're going places that others cannot see...